Thursday, June 18, 2009

CVS trip & Money Maker Update



Well, I am one happy lady! I found and posted the money maker deal at CVS here. I went this am, after sweating profusely at a playground, to try the deal out.

I started looking around towards the back by the books, then the pharmacy, etc. and was getting discouraged that I would not find the lens clothes. Well, as I was going up front to look near the register, there was a sunglasses display at the end of the seasonal section. Lo and behold at the bottom of the spinner were the cases and cloths mentioned. Before I got all my other stuff, I took these to the register. My friendly manager, that loves watching me get such good deals, checked me out after I told her I was going to try it first. She asked what it was supposed to do and she replied 'No way!'. Well, we rang it up and out popped a store coupon and my 10 ECB!!! WOOOHOOO!! So, if you haven't, you should go do this deal. Spend 2.XX and get 10 back! Then roll it into another deal you see this week that will produce more ECB to use next week.

Here is how it played out:

Started with 10 ECB from previous weeks.

Transaction 1:
2 lens cleaning cloths @ .99 ea - these worked because of the sunglasses deal in the ad
=1.73 on gift card/.41 OOP (out of pocket)
10 ECB back
No savings, but the money back was worth it!

Transaction 2:
Aveeno Foaming Face Wash @ 7.00
Aveeno Face Wash @ 7.00
Aveeno Shampoo @ 6.50
Crest Pro Health Toothpaste @ 2.99

Used 19 ECB
2/$1.50 Aveeno coupons
1/$1.00 Aveeno coupon
1/$.50 Crest coupon
=-.01+.36 tax
0.35 OOP!
Saved 27.37
10 ECB, 2 ECB back


Transaction 3:

Schick Quattro Titanium razor @ 7.99

Used 2ECB, 1ECB
$4 manufacturer coupon
= 1.39 OOP
Saved 9.00
3ECB back


Grand Total OOP $2.15
Saved: 36.37
Have: 10ECB, 3ECB left

No comments:

Post a Comment