Sunday, March 7, 2010

Where Have I Been?

If you are wondering where I have been the last week, I was cruising in the Bahamas! We decided 6 days before the cruise left, to go with a group of friends who invited us. It was a Christian cruise hosted by Charles Stanley on Carnival. Our group attended some of the comedy shows, but that was about it. We weren't really interested in the Gospel singing. We had a blast, and the group is what made it so much fun!

Yes, we did take our 2 year old and he adjusted quite well. He slept like a champ, and ate just as well! Thankfully, our room had a king bed and two bunk sleepers, so he slept on one of those with no problem.

Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate with us, so we did not get to stop on Carnival's private island for the day. It was REALLY windy...and yes, alot of people got sea sick. I didn't get nauseous, but it felt like my brain was sloshed around and I couldn't think straight or focus...thank goodness for Dramamine! Also, when we got to Freeport, it was raining and we didn't want to waste money to get poured on. Nassau was really nice. It wasn't as bad as I had expected it to be, but the roads were not conducive to a 2 year old in a stroller! There are very few sidewalks and where you can walk on the side of the road, it was all broken apart and bumpy. However, we did walk around a bit, saw a fort and the Queen's Staircase and the Straw Market, and I got some nice jewelry for a decent price!

If you haven't ever been on a cruise, I highly recommend it! It is so much fun, especially if you go with a group of your friends or family! I am very pleased with Carnival and their outstanding service. Most everything was all inclusive except for photos and soda and water when you were not at your meal. They even reimbursed our port fees for the stop we missed out on. Everyone knew my son's name and greeted him by name when they saw him. Also, the Camp Carnival for kids is awesome. They have planned activities for different age groups. We learned that Ian does better with the structured activity vs. free play, so we worked with that.

All in all, it was worth the awesome price we paid. I would do it again in a heart beat (will be May, because we had one planned for then already)! I may get some pictures up at some point, depends on the program I need to resize them.

No comments:

Post a Comment