Monday, May 17, 2010

Menu Plan Monday



It is Monday! Time for another week of menus! We had a great weekend. My son stayed with his grandparents Saturday night, which went surprisingly well, considering that it was the first time he'd been away overnight! Yes, he's two, and no, he isn't a baby anymore. The realization hit me Sunday morning when I heard how well he did....I burst into tears, hugging my husband! It just made me realize that he is growing up and no matter how hard I try to think of him as a baby, he is not that, but a little boy. It's sad and exciting at the same time. I enjoyed the time to myself Saturday afternoon and evening. It allowed me to do some mommy things that you can't do when you have a child to tote around.

I'm trying to get us back on the Flat Belly Diet. We've got a little extra winter weight on that we can't seem to get off and this diet is really the only successful plan that we've ever been on. We're also going to be working out a bit more and taking walks in the evenings.

Check out I'm An Organizing Junkie, host of Menu Plan Monday, for links to other menu plans! It might just give you some creative ideas you need.

Back to the menu. I'm going through 10 days of meals. I added more dinners than necessary as we may or may not eat out. We're trying to save for some spending money at the moment. Also, I have a cookbook that I might use as a back up for those nights I have no motivation. I already have most of the ingredients for what's listed.

Breakfasts:
Mini Bagels with cream cheese and walnuts/pecans x 2
Peanut Butter and banana on English Muffin
Cold Cereal x 2-3
Breakfast Sandwiches - Homemade on English or Deli Thins
Breakfast Burritos
Homemade Waffles
Oatmeal
Yogurt Parfait

Lunches (these kind of get thrown together randomly):
Leftovers
Tuna Sandwiches
Turkey Sandwiches
Chicken Nuggets

Dinners:
Fish with lemon parsley sauce
Rotini with chicken and broccoli
Turkey Saute (Flat Belly Recipe)
Homemade Pizza
Greek Chicken (Flat Belly Recipe)
Frittata or Breakfast of another kind
Turkey Burgers
Walnut Crusted Chicken (Flat Belly)
Eat out x 1-2
Easy Meal x 1-2 (not sure what, will be back up plan, out of my Cooking Light: Fresh Food Fast)

Snacks:
Fruit
Popcorn
Smoothies
Chocolate Cranberry Quesadillas (Flat Belly)
Nuts
Chocolate Mousse (Flat Belly) - not sure about this one
Lemon Cupcakes (Flat Belly)
Ice Cream
Choco Nut Sundae (Flat Belly)

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog on Orgjunkie! :) Your menu looks fabulous!! I like how you included the snacks too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I think the snacks being on the menu helps me know what to grab, instead of just grabbing something that isn't so good for me! It keeps calories in check.

    ReplyDelete