Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Week 3 Potty Training

Well, it is the beginning of our third week of potty training. I really don't think I could be happier with the success we have been having. It is much easier than I thought it would be. Ian's done really well with not wetting his pants or having an accident. We may have one accident a day if he is stubborn and holds it or is too busy and forgets to hold it.

I decided to venture out of the house today with Ian in underwear. Since he has become more comfortable with using the potty in public, I decided it was time. He actually did very well and didn't wet his underwear at all, because he went twice out. However, when he got playing at Chickfila, he was kindly shuffled out of the play area by a little bit older child, who said, "He needs a diaper change, he stinks". I laughed and said to myself (yes, out loud) "that's nice, except today he's in underwear!" It was kind of funny, but not really...considering I didn't bring the diaper bag! Luckily, I had just bought a pack of Pull Ups from Target. Unfortunately, no wipes were anywhere to be found, so I broke down and went into CVS for a large pack of wipes. Yes, even I don't always remember to have things stocked up.

On the bedtime front, I came up with the wonderful idea of putting a pair of underwear over his diaper so he can't pull it off. He still messes with the flaps, but won't unvelcro it. I've also started checking him before I go to bed to make sure everything is where it is supposed to be. He still wets a good bit at night, considering that his thirst hits right at bedtime. I think he could probably stay dry if I were to wake him up before I go to bed, and take him to the potty, but who wants to wake up a 2 year old?!

I'm just trying to stick with it and hoping that he will start to realize he needs to go on his own. It's a lot of work trying to remember to make him go. #2 is still a hesitant thing for the potty. He wants to go, but sometimes he has a fit. He of course doesn't have a problem doing it in a diaper, although he still fusses when he needs to go. We'll get there eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment