Friday, July 16, 2010

Hermie: Who's In Charge Anyway - DVD Review

We have a few of the Hermie movies, but not many, so I jumped on the opportunity to review the Hermie: Who's In Charge Anyway DVD. My 2 year old likes to watch these DVDs (actually sitting and paying attention) and this one was no different.

I really liked the messages that were portrayed in this DVD. This movie gave several examples of Hermie and his friends learning that God made each person unique and with a special purpose. Although every person is different, God has a plan for our lives and He makes no mistakes in His purpose for any of us. I think it is important to start teaching children, at a young age, that they were created by God to be unique in their own way, and that He has a plan for them. Too many times, I feel that these lessons are told too late in a child's life. We need to reach children when they are young and the most impressionable. That is our duty as parents and believers.

I highly recommend this and other Hermie movies to teach your children about the Lord and how much He loves and cares for us.

I received this book courtesy of Thomas Nelson and the BookSneeze program. All opinions stated are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment