Thursday, June 24, 2010

Teaching Your Child At Home

Lately, I've really been wanting to engage my son some more. He's just at a point where he needs to be occupied as much as possible during the day. If he isn't, he gets into trouble or we end up being lazy and he doesn't get all his energy out, not to mention his brain isn't stretched. Since it is too hot some days to go outside, I am trying to come up with a sort of learning/activity routine for those days that we aren't out running errands, etc. Having background working with 2 year old's in a preschool, I somewhat know what to do, I just don't have all the same resources.

I recently started following Like a Warm Cup of Coffee. This is a very encouraging and personal blog. I really like the transparency that Sarah gives in her posts. On the right hand side, you can search for posts by topics. In browsing, I found an interesting guest post titled 10 Ways To Teach Toddlers and Preschoolers. Most of the suggestions are probably things you already have around the house. I know that we love to scribble and do puzzles around here. It is so funny how, to a child, a circle can be Nemo, a dinosaur or anything else under the sun!

I thought I'd share this post with those of you who are in the same boat I am and are looking for some activity ideas. Whether or not you believe it, you are homeschooling your child just by being home with them and teaching them everyday things! If I find any other resources, I'll post those as well. If you have any resources, I'd love you to share those, as I'm always looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment